Draw 1 mL of blood directly into QFT -Plus Blood Collection Tubes
- As 1 mL tubes draw blood relatively slowly, keep the tube on the needle for 2-3 seconds once the tube appears to have completed filling
- The black mark on the side of the tubes indicates the validated range of 0.8 to 1.2 mL. If the level of blood in any tube is outside of the indicator mark, a new blood sample should be obtained.
- If a butterfly needle assembly is being used to collect blood, a purge plain red top tube should be used to ensure that the tubing is filled with blood prior to the QFT -Plus Blood Collection Tubes being used.
Immediately after filling the tubes, shake them ten (10) times just firmly enough to make sure the
entire inner surface of the tube is coated with blood. This will dissolve antigens on tube walls.
Important: Overly vigorous shaking may cause gel disruption and could lead to aberrant results.
- The completely filled QFT -Plus Blood Collection Tubes should be labeled with two (2) patient identifiers to include first name, last name and date of birth. Time and date of collection should also be written on the specimen tubes.
- Transport all labeled tubes at room temperature to Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc. for incubation and testing within 16 hours of collection.